Inspired by Gordan Ramsay, this is an easy recipe and different take on an omellete, namely frittata – which just means an open omelette.
Non stick oven safe pan essential. This is a fast dish so best to have everyting ready and on hand.
Lardons and Goats Cheese Frittata
- 250 g Lardons
- 1 Red Pepper deseeded abd sliced
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 3 Spring Onions sliced
- 8 Eggs beaten
- 2 crottins goats cheese roughly 120g
- 1 handful Basil leaves roughly chopped
- 150g frozen peas
- Pre Heat the oven to 180 C°
- Heat some oil in 27cm (estimate) non stick ovenproof pan over medium heat
- Fry Lardons for about 3 minutes
- Add the sliced dred peppers and continue frying for 2 minutes
- Add the spring onions and continue for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the bacon is burning then its too hot. Just medium heat is what we looking for
- Stir in the peas for 1 minute
- Sprinkle in the basil
- Cut 1 goat cheese in to chunks and add to the pan, scattered
- Chaneg theoven to the highest grill setting.
- Add the parmesan ceese to teh beaten eggs and season with pepper, and stir.
- Pour into the pan over the vegetables and shake the pan so egg is evenly distributed. All this over a nice medium heat
- Immediately grate over the other crottin of goat cheese and season with salt and pepper
- Place in the pan for 5 minutes, maybe less. Keep an eye on it. You want a golden top.
- The easiest way to remove the frittata is to place a board over the pan, then flip very quickly and slowly shake and guide the frittata out of the pan.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!