It is very difficult to improve good quality, grass fed Ribeye… but adding some roasted bone marrow takes you to meat heaven! A very quick, easy recipe too – as all steaks are.
Ribeye with Bone Marrow
- 2 250g Grass Fed Ribeye 250 – 300g is fine
- 4 Bone Marrow sliced for stewing I like to use 2 bone marrow per steak – this is your choice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Shallot finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Place yoru bone marrow in a baking dish. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Season your steak – must be room tempreture – with salt and pepper
- Get your skillet / pan – whatever you use for yoru steaks, smoking hot. Add some cooking oil (whatever you use, we use lard or tallow for high heat cooking)
- Add your ribeye, and enjoy that sizzling sound. 3-4 minutes per side, depending how you like your steak. We always suggest medium / medium rare.
- The last minute or so place a blob of butter in the pan – not too much. Spend the last minute basting. Baste , baste, baste. Make sure not to birn the butter.
- Remove from the pan and leave to rest for about 10 minutes
- The bone marrow should be done by now. Scrape out the marrow. Using a warm knife or even the back of a spoon, place on yoru steak and spread it, like buttering a slice of bread
- Sprinkle the shallots over the steak, how much depends on you
- Enjoy meat heavan